Born in the Netherlands, Richard Veenstra (1981) divides his time between Madrid and Berlin. He works as a Composer, Sound Designer and Electronic Music Artist. Richard holds a Bachelor degree in Music from Prince Claus Conservatoire Groningen and a Master of Arts from HKU University of the Arts Utrecht, specializing in Composition in Contexts.
He has a diverse body of work, ranging from writing pieces for theatre and dance to composing and producing music for recording artists and composing for radio and television. As a Sound Designer he works for various musical instrument companies such as Elektron, Ableton, Native Instruments, UVI and Soniccouture. Richard’s sounds are being used by electronic musicians on stage and in the studio.
Richard has performed at various venues, festivals and spaces throughout Europe and The United States, such as Palais de Tokyo Paris, Berghain Berlin, Roundhouse London, SIR Studios Los Angeles, Cirque Royal Brussels, Veranos de la Villa Madrid, Rex Club Paris, Weltmuseum Vienna, Eurosonic Groningen, and Paradiso Amsterdam.
Composition in Contexts at the University of the Arts Utrecht (NL), PGDip/Master of Arts
Composition, Music Production and Studio Techniques at the Prins Claus Conservatory in Groningen (NL), Bachelor of Music
- Applied Acoustics Software Chromaphone 3 – Demo Songs – 2020
- Arturia Emulator V – Sample Design, Preset Design, Demo Songs – 2020
- Arturia Vocoder V – Sample Design – 2020
- Elektron Digitone Keys – Preset Design – 2019
- Elektron Model:Cycles – Preset Design – 2020
- Elektron Model:Samples Lo-Fi Hip Hop – Concept, Library Design, Sample Design – 2019
- Elektron Model:Samples Xipxop – Concept, Library Design, Sample Design – 2020
- Loopmasters Dark Cinema (w/ Frank Merfort) – Concept, Library Design, Loop Creation, Demo Songs – 2016
- Loopmasters XNDR Dark Modular Techno – Concept, Library Design, Loop Design, Demo Songs – 2017
- Soniccouture Haunted Spaces Velocity Particles – Preset Design – 2020
- Splice Glitch & Modular Sequences – Concept, Library Design, Loop Creation, Demo Songs – 2018
- Toontrack Electronic Beats – Concept, MIDI Grooves – 2021
- Toontrack Electronic Edge EZX – Concept, Sample Design, Preset Design, Demo Songs, MIDI Grooves – 2021
- UVI Falcon – Preset Design – 2018